Updated September 12, 2022
Chef Lou’s Army strongly believes in protecting the integrity and privacy of personal information gathered from our supporters and others through all our communication channels and from visitors to our website. The protection of your privacy is of great importance to us.
This policy also applies when you use social media that overlaps Chef Lou’s Army’s social media and/or website, as well as to personal information we collect offline. Chef Lou’s Army uses its best efforts to not share information it collects from those persons it provides services to.
Collection and Use of Personal Information:
Chef Lou’s Army collects Personal Information supplied to us voluntarily by individuals, supporters, volunteers, and visitors to this website. We may use such voluntarily provided information to improve our understanding of your interests, to improve our services, or to contact you for future support. In order to utilize certain features of our site or receive information from Chef Lou’s Army or make a donation, you may choose to provide Personal Information. If you do submit information to us, we will use that information for the purposes for which it was submitted. We may also use your information in other ways, such as to contact you about other Chef Lou’s Army activities and/or fundraising campaigns, to conduct matching on Facebook or other social media, or as otherwise disclosed to you at the point of collection. We may also use your name, postal address and telephone number(s) to contact you offline.
We may share your Personal Information with certain nonprofit or commercial organizations, such as local food banks and service organizations based on the address you provide, so that they may contact you about products, services, or offers that we think would be of interest or aid to you.
In the event an employer establishes a giving fund their employees can contribute to, Chef Lou’s Army will ask for the donor (employee’s) consent in sharing their personal information back with the employer, for the limited purposes of substantiating the donation and acknowledging the employee’s support.
If you do not wish us to contact you offline, receive such mailings or share your information with these organizations, you may opt-out by contacting us in accordance with the “Opt-Out” section of this policy.
Chef Lou’s Army uses third-party vendors to provide services on this website and in offline business operations. The information that you submit on this site may be provided to those vendors on a confidential basis so that those vendors can provide services (such as maintaining our database, sending email messages, facilitating fundraising activities, or processing credit card transactions) on our behalf.
Chef Lou’s Army uses the non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data information to improve the design and content of the site and to enable Chef Lou’s Army to personalize your Internet experience. Chef Lou’s Army may use the Aggregate Data to analyze Site usage as well as create services and/or products to fit your needs. Also, Chef Lou’s Army shares this Aggregate Data with Chef Lou’s Army’s related entities, advertisers, partners, and/or other third-party vendors. Chef Lou’s Army shall own such Aggregate Data and may maintain copies of such as part of its records.
Use of Email Address:
When you donate to Chef Lou’s Army or sign up on our website, share your story or complete some other data form, you will be asked to supply your email address. Chef Lou’s Army does not sell your email address to any third party. Chef Lou’s Army does share your email address with local food banks and service organizations partnered with Chef Lou’s Army. Email addresses gathered from donors or subscribers to Chef Lou’s Army are only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information, to local food banks, and to partnered service providers and vendors for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
Chef Lou’s Army and its partners will only use your email address to send information about Chef Lou’s Army and our partnered organizations (such as news and events, special programs, and fundraising). From time to time, we may send out email messages that might include information about like-missioned organizations and companies, but we do not provide them with access to any Personal Information that you have provided.
Chef Lou’s Army complies with those provisions of the CAN-SPAM Act applicable to charitable organizations. All email messages contain a link to unsubscribe from Chef Lou’s Army email. You may subscribe or unsubscribe to Chef Lou’s Army at any time by contacting Chef Lou’s Army or sending a notice by United States mail to the following address at the end of this policy.
Chef Lou’s Army welcomes your comments and participation on its site. However, you acknowledge that if you send us creative suggestions, stories, photos, videos, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information, the information shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Chef Lou’s Army. By submission of any information to us, you assign to us and we shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to such information and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the information for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation.
As a user of this site, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. Therefore, do not impersonate another person and not transmit material to us that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it; do not send material that reveals trade secrets, unless you won them or have the permission of the owner; do not send material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others; do not send material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity; and do not send sexually explicit images, advertising or solicitations of business, or chain letters.
You represent and warrant that any information and/or material you post or provide to Chef Lou’s Army through any medium is truthful, accurate, not misleading, not confidential property of others, and not in violation of any other third party’s rights. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that all submissions will become the property of Chef Lou’s Army and that Chef Lou’s Army has the right to publish or republish the submission for any type of use including for promotional and advertising purposes without compensation to you of any kind. Should your submission include third party materials, you grant, represent, and warrant that you, as well as the owner of such content, have expressly granted Chef Lou’s Army a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide exclusive license to use the submission in any manner, media or form now known or hereafter developed. Chef Lou’s Army shall have the right to sub-license its rights.
Calls and texts:
If you give us your number, we may call or text you regarding Chef Lou’s Army programs or seek donations. We will contact you through these methods only in accordance with applicable legal requirements, and you always have the ability to opt-out of further calls or texts.
Mobile Terms and Conditions:
- There is no fee from Chef Lou’s Army to receive text messages. Message and data rates may apply- this can be checked with your mobile service provider. Charges are billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. We may use this information to contact you and provide the services you request from us. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS message as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator.
- By subscribing to Chef Lou’s Army mobile alerts, the user consents to receive automated text messages from Chef Lou’s Army to aid in our fight against food insecurity. Recurring messages. Message & data rates may apply. If you have any questions, contact us at support@ChefLousArmy.org.
- To stop receiving messages reply STOP to the number you received text messages from or send an email to support@ChefLousArmy.org.
All above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
As a donor submitting Personal Information to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of this policy and to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us via one of the email addresses identified on our website or when you otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event. We also collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone or by mailing in a check. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information:
- We only rent or exchange lists we maintain that may include your Personal Information, collected on the website or through any other activities, with other third parties we believe engage in activities that are not inconsistent with the mission and core beliefs of Chef Lou’s Army.
- We may send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing or send an email to support@ChefLousArmy.org.
The Chef Lou’s Army Website may use “cookies” and similar tools like pixel tags and similar tracking technologies, to collect aggregate statistical information and data. Aggregate information does not identify any individual person. We may use or disclose aggregate information for any purpose. The majority of browsers accept cookies, but your browser should also give you options for preventing, accepting, or receiving notice of new cookies. Please be advised that if you block cookies, some site functionality may be lost.
Types of Cookies We Use: We may use the following types of cookies on our site:
- Session cookies– These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser. This cookie is automatically placed onto your browser by the server software.
- Analytical cookies– Our website uses third-party cookies, such as Google Analytics (third-party cookies) for the following purposes cookie to record the time of your first visit to website, the time of your most recent visit to the website and the time of your current visit;
- a cookie to record your device type;
- a cookie to record your geolocation;
- a cookie to record which page(s) you visit on the website;
- a cookie to record how long you stayed on the website;
- a cookie to record how you located our website (i.e. Google search, keyword, link from other page etc.); and
- cookies to provide additional analytical data regarding your use of our site.
- Third-Party “Cookies”– We use third-party advertising companies to create and distribute advertising on our behalf. These companies may also employ cookies and action tags (also known as single-pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is anonymous.
We only share the information obtained through the use of Google Analytics with Google. For more information on Google’s use of your information, please see Types of Cookies Used by Google. The cookies we use for these purposes do not track your Internet usage after leaving our website and do not store your personal information. They will not be used in connection with any other information to identify you in any way. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. However, outside of the Google Analytics platform, Chef Lou’s Army may use unique IDs to link Personal Information to Google Analytics data. YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS WITHOUT AFFECTING HOW YOU VISIT OUR SITE– for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
You can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies:
- Go to the heading “Manage Cookies” and click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them;
- From the list provided, click onto the program which your computer uses; if this is not shown on the list, click on the “help” heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on “cookies” – an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow the instructions.
Alternatively, you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer.
How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser program your computer uses. You can follow the appropriate instructions for your specific browser type at https://www.aboutcookies.org. (Again, we are not responsible for external websites).
Cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third-party websites or external data suppliers. If you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our site do not work properly.
If you use social media logins (like Google and Facebook) to log into our website, we may access your public social media profile information. You can always limit this sharing using your social media service settings.
Protecting your information; Security:
We understand that no matter how we collect your information, we have a responsibility to protect it. We take that responsibility seriously. We build security into our website features and donation processing from the ground up to help protect data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We’re always looking for threats and take reasonable steps to respond to those threats, protecting the information users share with us. Of course, no method of Internet transmission or data storage can provide guaranteed protection to your information. If anything should ever happen to your information, we’ll let you know as soon as we can and try our best to make it right.
Chef Lou’s Army is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed primarily by U.S. law. Where we are subject to the privacy laws of other countries, we comply with those requirements. If you access or use our services or provide information to us, your information will be processed and stored in the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under your local law.
This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. The security measures used on this site include, but are not limited to, industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, firewalls, and internal policies to maintain the security of stored data. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure.
Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
All content appearing on this Web site is the property of: Chef Lou’s Army inc Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.
As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute information from this site as long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portions of) includes the following copyright notice:
Copyright © 2020 Chef Lou’s Army inc. All rights reserved.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Chef Lou’s Army and our affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
- These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
- If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to our services constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of our services, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
- Chef Lou’s Army in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: (1) change this Legal Statement; (2) monitor and remove postings; and (3) discontinue site availability at any time without notice.
- If any term, condition, or provision of this Legal Statement is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions, and provisions will not in any way be affected or impaired.
CHEF LOU’S ARMY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, SUITABILITY, OR SAFETY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITH SPECIFIC DISCLAIMER OF ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. CHEF LOU’S ARMY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND THAT THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT HOSTS THE SITE ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER FORMS OF HARMFUL COMPUTER CODE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHEF LOU’S ARMY, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DELIVERY OF THIS WEBSITE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED, CHEF LOU’S ARMY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE FOUND ON THIRD PARTY STIES THAT LINK TO OR FROM THE CHEF LOU’S ARMY SITE. CHEF LOU’S ARMY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRODUCT OR SERVICE ORDERING FUNCTIONS, ORDER FULFILLMENT OR COMPLIANCE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WITH ANY MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTIES OR SPECIFICATIONS. CHEF LOU’S ARMY CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THIRD PARTY SITES AND/OR RELATED SERVICES NOR DOES CHEF LOU’S ARMY MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU MIGHT BE REQUESTED TO GIVE TO THIRD PARTY SITES.
A Special Note About Children:
Chef Lou’s Army does not knowingly gather any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. You must be 13 years of age or older to access the site. Chef Lou’s Army has no interest in collecting information from children under the age of 13.
Binding Effect/Modification of Policy and Terms:
By accessing the Chef Lou’s Army Website, you agree that the terms, combined with your act of using the website and/or services offered on or through the website have the same legal force and effect as a written contract with your written signature and satisfy any laws that require a writing or signature, including any applicable stature of frauds. You further agree that you shall not challenge the validity, enforceability or admissibility of the terms on the grounds that it was electronically transmitted or authorized. In addition, you acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to print the terms.
Opt-out/Deletion/Contact Chef Lou’s Army:
If you wish to have your data deleted, opt-out of receiving future communications, opt-out of having your information shared by Chef Lou’s Army, or exercise any other privacy right you may have by law, please contact Chef Lou’s Army at the below address or phone number or submit your request via Chef Lou’s Army’s website Contact Us form.
Chef Lou’s Army
152 Main Street
Manasquan, NJ 08736
Telephone: (732) 604-7610
All deletion and opt-out requests will be honored, but please be patient with us as it may take six (6) to eight (8) weeks for opt-out changes to be fully implemented.
Chef Lou’s Army
152 Main Street
Manasquan, NJ 08736
Telephone: (732) 604-7610